Monday 1 February 2010

What Message?


A shortened version of an earlier entry What Is The Message?

What is it that you are trying to say, because I am sure that what you think you say and what they hear are two very different things!


For me, that message is: “Stop p***ing around!” I apologise for the language but that’s it in a nutshell.

Seven points:


1. It is all your fault
2. Stop procrastinating

3. Speed is of the essence

4. Decide which side of the fence you’re going to sit on

5. Just do it – now

6. Take massive action

7. DIY my foot! You can’t do it alone


So, now is the time to grow up and take responsibility for the successes and failures of your business.

Stop blaming other people and take on the challenge as an adult.
Go for it!

12 comments:

Dennis Burn said...

Clean summary. Let's hope a few more people get it!

Siena White said...

Interesting how the shorter the message then the tighter it becomes.

Unknown said...

Short tight messages do tend to add more punch.

Robert

Steve Hearn said...

It was this type of advice that you gave from your seminars that really helped me! I now relay that to others who ask me how I was able to grow my business and direct them to your website!

jonno barrett said...

short messages punch more?

Jeremy said...

I now see the theme of the month: take control.

Jeremy

Peter E said...

I make it five points. Two are duplicating.


1. It is all your fault
2. Stop procrastinating. Speed is of the essence
3. Decide which side of the fence you’re going to sit on
4. Just do it – now. Take massive action
5. DIY my foot! You can’t do it alone

Mark W said...

excellent.

Mark

Anonymous said...

You were right - time to stop messing.

Jerry B

Steve said...

It was this type of advice that you gave from your seminars that really helped me! I now relay that to others who ask me how I was able to grow my business and direct them to your website!

Anon said...

SPEED is of the essence + massive action

Robert Craven said...

I am not alone when I said
"We Have Met the Enemy, and He Is Us"

http://www.bnet.com/blog/business-myths/we-have-met-the-enemy-and-he-is-us/917